How Blockchain is Finally Getting Africa on the GridPublished 1 month ago Views (13) Blockchain
Parents lining up to pay school fees in cash, lenders charging extortionate rates, and cash savings held under mattresses—these are some of the things residents in Africa have had to resort to due to financial technology not having yet fully expanded in the developing continent.
According to Statista, only 48 percent of the African population has access to banking services in 2022. Accounts being the first point of entry into the formal financial system puts its citizens at an enormous setback as they are forced to turn to transactions that are not only inconvenient and wasteful but often risky too.
Having access to a financial account instead of just cash allows users to take control of their finances by offering ways to manage money. By utilizing accounts instead of cash, both governments and businesses can help bring tens of millions of adults into the digitized financial system.
According to a report from the World Bank, digitizing payments for agricultural goods alone would cut the number of unbanked goods by approximately 125 million, including 16 million in Nigeria. In Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda, over 10% of adults still receive agricultural payments.
A policy note on mobile money from the Global Findex...
APRIL WHITE has been a film producer, private investigator, bouncer, teacher and screenwriter. She has climbed in the Himalayas, lived on a gold mine in the Yukon, and survived a shipwreck. She and her husband live in Southern California with their two sons, dog, various chickens, and a lifetime collection of books.
- 1. How old is Michael Byrne?
- 2. Gabriel Landeskog News, Pics, Shirtless, Biography, Wiki
- 3. Aalu Ka Paratha Recipe | How To Make Aloo Ka Paratha Recipe
- 4. Who is Graham Scott? The Hidden Facts About Adam Scotts Son
- 5. Who is Shayanna Jenkins? Her Life After Her Late Fiances Death
- 6. Who is Mahin Wilson? Here are some unknown facts of the wife of RB singer Charlie Wilson
- 7. Footballers And Celebrities Face Gambling Advertisement Ban
- 8. Why Lakewood SCHI founder, sentenced to jail in 2019, hasn't spent a day behind bars
- 9. Bugis pastry shop goes ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nanas, makes minion-shaped ang ku kuehs Mothership.SG
- 10. Teddy Atlas Weighs In on Max Holloways UFC 276 Performance