From bags to pet food, businesses in Singapore allow customers...Published 1 month ago Views (13) Uncategorized
From bags to pet food, businesses in Singapore allow customers to pay with crypto
SINGAPORE: Even before it had the usual cashless payment options, homeware e-retailer &glazed was already allowing customers to pay for their purchases using cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin were among those accepted at its checkout page since the start of the year, before other familiar options such as PayNow were added.
Co-founder Lionel Lim made the less-typical decision, partly due to his interest in the burgeoning space. He invests in cryptocurrencies, and also holds a full-time job at a crypto exchange based in Singapore.
Besides, having as many payment methods as possible would be the way to go for an online store, he said.
“We want to make it as seamless as possible – to the extent that whatever you want to pay with, we got it,” he told CNA.
So far, it seems very few are willing to part with their digital currencies. The take-up rate has been “very low”, with cryptocurrency payments making up just 1 per cent of total orders, according to Mr Lim.
Bitcoin was used in all of these transactions. With the order size averaging at S$33, shoppers would have paid...
Courtney Milan writes books about carriages, corsets, and smartwatches. Her books have received starred reviews in Publishers Weekly, Library Journal, and Booklist. She is a New York Times and a USA Today Bestseller.
- 1. Reasons to Shred Your Important Documents
- 2. Pass Salesforce Experience Cloud Consultant Exam Quickly
- 3. Protein-Packed Fast Food that Are Terrible for Your Health
- 4. Cricket Uniforms: Designed and Fabricated in Amazing Shades
- 5. Make Appealing Packaging of hot dog boxes with Advance Printing
- 6. The Benefits of N Acetyl DL Alanine
- 7. Keep Calm And Think About Buy Magicmushrooms
- 8. The Reasons Your Gutters Are Leaking
- 9. Michigan air duct cleaning: Guide to cleaning air ducts and their maintenance
- 10. Stylish And Gemstone Rings Of 2022