Australian election 2022: Millions vote for next leaderPublished 1 month ago Views (15) Business
Millions of Australians are heading to the polls on Saturday for the country’s first election since 2019.
It sees Prime Minister Scott Morrison go up against one of the country’s longest serving politicians, Labor Leader Anthony Albanese.
The rising cost of living and climate change have shaped up as two key issues for voters.
But the election has largely been framed as a referendum on the leaders’ characters.
Opinion polls suggest Labor will win by a narrow majority this time around. However, the polls were wildly inaccurate in the last election.A simple guide to Australia’s election Why Australia’s election is big for the planet Why is Australia’s parliament so white?
Mr Morrison, who leads the Liberal-National Coalition, is the first leader to serve a full term in office since John Howard, who won four elections before losing to Labor’s Kevin Rudd in 2007.
He has led Australia through a period dominated by natural disasters and the pandemic – which was initially hailed as a success but was later criticised for inadequate planning.
Mr Morrison has also faced various criticism – from...
Alyssa Cole is a New York Times and USA Today Bestselling author of romance and thrillers. Her debut thriller When No One Is Watching was the winner of the 2021 Edgar Allen Poe Award for Best Paperback Original and the Strand Critics Award for Best Debut
- 1. Todays horoscope for Aquarius on July 7, 2022
- 2. Eric Holder Jr. Faces Life in Prison After Nipsey Hussle Murder Conviction
- 3. Angry Nana Akufo Addo allegedly assaults his critic and former NPP member Wereko Brobbey at a funeral
- 4. Bryan Marchment suicide: Did Bryan Marchment take his own life?
- 5. Felix Afena Gyan signs a new 4-year contract with AS Roma
- 6. Bryan Marchment cause of death, wife, children, net worth
- 7. My Husband Was Not Rich When I Met Him And He Is Still Not Rich But I Fell In Love...
- 8. Bryan Marchment funeral, burial, pictures, date, time, venue
- 9. I don’t know where I am – Stranded lady cries out for help after visiting male friend who gave her...
- 10. Boris Johnson digs in amid growing cabinet mutiny