AUS News: Millions vote for next leaderPublished 1 month ago Views (15) Uncategorized
Millions of Australians are heading to the polls on Saturday for the country’s first election since 2019.
It sees Prime Minister Scott Morrison go up against one of the country’s longest serving politicians, Labor Leader Anthony Albanese.
The rising cost of living and climate change have shaped up as two key issues for voters.
But the election has largely been framed as a referendum on the leaders’ characters.
Opinion polls suggest Labor will win by a narrow majority this time around. However, the polls were wildly inaccurate in the last election.
Mr Morrison, who leads the Liberal-National Coalition, is the first leader to serve a full term in office since John Howard, who won four elections before losing to Labor’s Kevin Rudd in 2007.
He has led Australia through a period dominated by natural disasters and the pandemic – which was initially hailed as a success but was later criticised for inadequate planning.
Mr Morrison has also faced various criticism – from members of his own...
Rick Mofina is a former journalist who has interviewed murderers on death row, flown over Los Angeles with the LAPD and patrolled with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police near the Arctic. He's also reported from Algeria, Morocco, Nigeria, Ethiopia, South Africa, Senegal, Egypt, the Caribbean, and Kuwait's border with Iraq
- 1. Reasons to Shred Your Important Documents
- 2. Pass Salesforce Experience Cloud Consultant Exam Quickly
- 3. Protein-Packed Fast Food that Are Terrible for Your Health
- 4. Cricket Uniforms: Designed and Fabricated in Amazing Shades
- 5. Make Appealing Packaging of hot dog boxes with Advance Printing
- 6. The Benefits of N Acetyl DL Alanine
- 7. Keep Calm And Think About Buy Magicmushrooms
- 8. The Reasons Your Gutters Are Leaking
- 9. Michigan air duct cleaning: Guide to cleaning air ducts and their maintenance
- 10. Stylish And Gemstone Rings Of 2022